In our Sunday morning service, in John 18, we saw Jesus brought before Pilate. Jesus's majesty and sovereignty shine forth even when falsely accused, arrested, and arraigned.
In our evening services, Stan took a brief pause from Rev. 14 and preached on the heart and means of evangelism from Luke and Acts.
- Please pray for the ministry of the Word, that we'd be faithful proclaimers of the whole counsel of God.
- Please for those who hear the Word, whether in person or online, that they may joyfully receive the Word, study it, and come to faith. May we all continue to grow in our love and knowledge of God.
In early February, we and Peter Stonelake (co-elder) attended a conference for local MNE pastors (& families)
down on the coast. The purpose of the conference was to provide a vision as well as practical tools for developing a wholistic, church-wide equipping of the saints for reaching the lost in our community and making disciples as Jesus commanded His people.
- Please pray for the Nikšić believers to grow in compassion for the lost.
- Please pray for the elders as they seek to specifically teach, equip, and model to the church the making of disciples through fervent prayer, knowledge of Scripture and the Gospel, boldness in witnessing, and coming alongside the unbeliever.
- Please pray that we would all take to heart the call to Go and Make Disciples and that we would grow as a church, encouraging one another, in our fulfillment of this calling.
RIGHT NOW, a large YWAM team from Norway is here to minister for one week in Montenegro primarily through EUS.
Their group is split into many teams, so there are many projects ongoing simultaneously: visits to schools, women's ministry, university outreaches, Ladies' Coffee Hour, helping the Red Cross, Roma community ministry, plus practical helps like cutting and stacking wood for widows and painting the church.
- Please join us in giving thanks to God for the volunteers from Montenegro and Serbia who came to help as translators for all these teams.
- Please pray for successful completions of all projects begun!
- Please pray for hearts to be touched as God's Word and testimonies of His Faithfulness are shared.
- Please pray for Danijel P and Jelena V (leaders of EUS and members of NK church) who are coordinating and overseeing the entire week.
The Henegars have their tickets!
Lucas, Faith, and baby Uriah
They will arrive, Deo volente, on Pi Day! (March 14th).
- Please pray they wrap up their stateside obligations smoothly with no glitches, especially with respect to all documents needed for seeking temporary residency.
- Please pray for safe travels.
- Please pray for their housing needs to be fully satisfied. Niksic is full of studios and 1 bedroom apartments (suitable for university students); family-sized rentals are far less commonly available. (Note: They will be able to stay with us as needed)
We so appreciate your faithful prayers, your sacrificial support, your quick notes and cards, and the blessing of working together for God's name to be exalted here in Montenegro. One with you in Christ,
Stan and Vicki Surbatovich
Vicki's Snapshot: To be continued, next month