Mission to Montenegro newsletter
Blog entry for 17 February 2016
February 2016 Mission to Montenegro Newsletter
Blessed is the man
Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
And in His law he meditates day and night. Ps. 1:1,2
This past month we've been enjoying our mild winter weather as well as several visitors from the Ukraine, England, and the States regarding possible future ministry.
- Our midweek prayer and sermon discussion, which is hosted by different families, continues to be a big blessing to all who come as we reflect, discuss, and challenge one another with the truths of Scriptures, followed by unity in prayer.
- Last week, the EUS-CG (Crna Gora = Montenegro in the local language) student work kicked off the second semester with a standing-room only concert. Talented musicians from Serbia came down to join our guys for a delightful evening of music, a devotional on our true source of hope, and a promo video for Nick Vujicic's upcoming event in April.
- We've had several visitors, particularly family members of believers, for Sunday services as well as special events. This is always encouraging as there are so few intact families coming to church regularly. In this pioneering gospel work, many spouses of believers are unsaved and often antagonistic to the faith.
Upcoming Ministry and Prayer Requests:
- Things move slowly here in the Balkans, so please continue to pray for the granting of visas and residency for Peter S. and others, as well as for the needed improvements to our facilities for the intercom system to benefit families with young children.
- Please pray for our upcoming mid-March evangelistic outreach--for both the message and for hearers to come hear the words of life. For those wondering about our Easter services, we follow local custom regarding dates and will celebrate Christ's resurrection on May 1st.
- Also, April will be packed with the arrival of the Danish Bible School students for two weeks of ministry, plus the events surrounding Nick Vujicic's work. Pray for both the practical groundwork (the event with Nick requires the cooperation of various civic and religious groups) and for those ministering--that Christ might be lifted up and not we ourselves.
With great love and appreciation for your ongoing prayers and support in this great work of God,
Stan and Vicki Surbatovich
Mission to Montenegro
Prayer and Praise Bulletin Points:
- Praise God for His good Word! We long, as the psalmist writes, to meditate on His precepts, contemplate His ways, delight ourselves in His statutes, and forget not His word.(Ps. 119:15,16) Please pray for the preaching of His word and for Stan as he prepares two sermons weekly. Also, please pray for the church here to love God's Word more and more, that we might live out its truths in words and deeds.
- Praise God for the various midweek meetings, including the work with university and high school students. Pray for the activities of EUS-CG, that God would bless the efforts of Danijel P and many others in reaching the young people of Nikšić and Montenegro.
- Praise God for those family members who've recently attended services and heard the Word of God. Please pray for those believers witnessing to unsaved family members, and for God to bring whole families and clans (yes, there are still family clans here in Montenegro!) into His Body.
- Praise God that Vicki's expired Montenegrin ID card was renewed with no problems whatsoever. Pray for those still seeking visas and residency permit, as well as our continued good relations with the local government in seeking volunteer visas for those coming to help.
- Praise God for the freedom to proclaim His name, a freedom not to be taken for granted in these trying times. Pray for all the upcoming events that will take place both in and out of the local church: the evangelistic Sunday service in March, the Danish team reaching out to university students, and Nick Vujicic's ministry in both Nikšić and Podgorica (the capital city) in April.
Original link: https://christianitymontenegro.blogspot.com/2016/02/february-2016-mission-to-montenegro.html