Mission to Montenegro newsletter
Blog entry for 17 February 2017
February 2017 Mission to Montenegro Newsletter
The Lord is righteous in all His ways, Gracious in all His works.
The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, To all who call upon Him in truth.
He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; He also will hear their cry and save them.
Ps. 145: 17-19
Grace and Peace to you in the Name of God our Father!
Because Christmas is celebrated here on Jan. 7th, January wins the busy holiday+vacation month award. Thus, February is the time to map out the rest of the year. And, by God's wisdom and providence, 2017 looks to be quite full.
- Along with our usual weekly ministry doings (preparing sermons, mentoring, hospitality), we've had much opportunity to fulfill God's call to visit the sick this past month, both young and old. Sadly, several of the older ladies have recently been diagnosed with cancer and are facing a new and challenging reality.
- We're excited to see the Lord working through EUS (the student ministry) and bringing about contacts with serious, interested high schoolers here in Nikšić. We have long desired to establish an avenue to reach out to high schoolers apart from summer camp activities, and we pray this is the beginning of good and glorious happenings.
Upcoming Ministry and Prayer Requests
- We will be hosting a Danish Bible School Team for two weeks in March. They'll be reaching out to university students. Please pray that the team will be allowed to set up on campus and that God would bring many students to hear the Word and turn from their own way to the Way, the Truth, and the Life.
- A few highlights of upcoming events besides the Danish Team include: hosting and meeting up with several different families seeking to discern future calling to MNE (throughout spring/summer); participating in the annual All-MNE Believer’s Meeting and other conferences (April); taking time to celebrate our children’s university graduations and meet up with East Coast churches and supporters (May); hosting the UCCF Team for the annual English Outreach Camp (June/July); celebrating the marriage ceremony of one of our young people (July); participating in Camp Monty (July). Please pray that each of these events and activities would honor our Father and glorify His name.
- Please pray for continued healing of Stan’s injuries (ribs & scapula) and Vicki’s (stress fracture in right foot) and that they would not hinder fulfilling all our responsibilities.
With much love and appreciation for your ongoing prayers and support in this great work of God,
Stan and Vicki Surbatovich
Mission to Montenegro
Original link: https://christianitymontenegro.blogspot.com/2017/02/february-2017-mission-to-montenegro.html