Mission to Montenegro newsletter
Blog entry for 20 May 2014
May 2014 Mission to Montenegro Newsletter
|What Kind of God? A Great God!
Let Your work appear to your servants,
And Your glory to their children.
Let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us,
And establish the work of our hands for us;
Yes, establish the work of our hands! Ps. 90:16,17
Blessed be the Lord forevermore! Amen and Amen!
- God blessed the intensive, high-energy ministry of the Missions Week at the local university.
|On campus, main atrium
|Meeting Students during the day
|Presentations in the evening
|Fun and Fellowship at night
- Stan, along with Danijel P., were greatly blessed at the Lausanne Conference, held earlier this month in Switzerland. Celebrating its 40th anniversary as a movement, the Conference continues to encourage pastors to work towards evangelizing via the Whole Church with the Whole Gospel to the Whole World. Special highlights this year included teaching on presenting the True Jesus to a post-Christian Europe as well as a trip into Geneva. Our God who orchestrated the Reformation in Calvin's day is mighty to do so today.
|Stan enjoying the Lausanne Conference
Upcoming Ministry and Family News
- Desiring the church to be established for generations to come and fulfilling our goal of raising up new leaders in the church, Stan will be conducting in-house preaching seminars over the next months for four of the young men in our fellowship in order to better equip them to preach. Each will have the opportunity to preach one sermon approximately every two months, giving them the chance to develop their gifts and freeing Stan for other pastoral ministries.
- The hospitality ministry is taking off this month as we begin welcoming ministry teams, as well as old and new friends, right through til the end of summer. Along with dozens of guests, we are looking forward to spending some time with two of our children, Josiah and Milijana, home for summer.
- Reminder: We are planning to take a short, 6-8 week, furlough this coming late fall/early winter. Our desire is to be in California in time to celebrate Thanksgiving with all the family, then reconnect with friends and supporters in early December through early January. If you would like us to visit, please contact Stan ASAP as we are beginning to cement dates on our calendar.
Stan and Vicki Surbatovich
Mission to Montenegro
Prayer and Praise Bulletin Points
- Praise God for the successful-beyond-all-our-expectations Missions Week outreach at the local university. Pray for all who heard the words of life and especially for those who signed up to be contacted. Pray for us as we are few in number and the needs are great.
- Praise God for the refreshing, encouraging time Stan had in Lausanne. Pray that God would once again have mercy and ignite global reformation. May it begin with us.
- Praise God for men willing and able to teach and preach His Word carefully and faithfully. Pray for Stan as he begins these preaching seminars and for the four who will begin to test and develop their preaching gifts. May God raise up many preachers to go forth here in Montenegro and establish His people for generations.
- Praise God for the many believers who support the work here, whether materially or prayerfully, in person or not. Pray that we would continue wisely in "doing a great work" (Neh. 6:3) balancing all parts of the ministry: preaching, teaching, discipling, evangelizing, and serving.
- Last but not least: PLEASE PRAY for our brethren and neighbors in Bosnia and Serbia who are experiencing devastating floods and landslides. Pray that God would use His (world-wide and local) Church to minister both practically and spiritually to those in need. Also, please consider donating for the relief of those afflicted.
Original link: https://christianitymontenegro.blogspot.com/2014/05/may-2014-mission-to-montenegro.html