Mission to Montenegro newsletter
Blog entry for 20 May 2015
May 2015 Mission to Montenegro Newsletter
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and
admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,
singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the
Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. Col: 3:16-17
Grace and Peace to you in the name of God our Father!
Along with the beauty of spring flowers, we've been enjoying sweet times of fellowship and outreach this past month.
- Lord's Day preaching continues through the gospel of Luke, ch. 6:27ff (Radical Love) in the morning and Habakkuk, ch 2 (The Just Shall Live by Faith) in the evening. Mid-week discussion and prayer meetings have been lively as we seek to understand and live in a manner worthy of our high calling.
- Stan's quick trip to the US was very productive! Not only was he able to procure his C-Pap machine, he also preached Sunday morning at a sister church and served as handyman about the house for his mother.
- The first Italian Missions Week at the university is currently taking place this week. We again rejoice in the favor granted us in being able to have a visible presence and outreach at the university. Six energetic Italian young people who love the Lord are meeting and engaging with local students via various formal activities and impromptu conversations. Many new students are just finding out about our ongoing student bible studies and other opportunities to learn about the Bible, Jesus Christ, and His gift of salvation.
- The Summer season of short-term missions and teams is coming! When our Italian brethren leave at the end of this week, we'll have ten days before the arrival of the first of the summer missionaries. We expect a packed summer with visitors, outreaches, camps, and more straight through to mid-August. Please pray that God would guide us to use our time, talents, and resources wisely, and that the Lord would add to His people here in Nikšić.
- Please pray specifically for the new students who are showing an interest to learn more about the Bible and Christianity. Pray that the seed sown has fallen on good soil and will bear much fruit. Pray that all would learn and take advantage of the opportunities to grow in faith and knowledge via the various camps and meetings this summer.
With much love and appreciation for your ongoing prayers and faithful support in this great work of God,
Stan and Vicki Surbatovich
Mission to Montenegro
Prayer and Praise Bulletin Points:
- Praise God for the richness and wonder of the ordinary Christian life, for His powerful word, and for His faithfulness which is new every morning. Praise God for the local body and hearts knitted together. Please pray that God would use the preaching of His word to change hearts and to grow His Church here in Nikšić.
- Praise God for putting Montenegro on the heart of our Italian brethren across the Adriatic, and for their willingness to come share their faith and testimonies. Please pray that they would continue to meet new people and engage in deep discussions about those things in life that matter most. Please pray for students to have ears that hear and hearts open to receive and treasure the Word.
- Praise God for Stan's recent trip. Please pray for continued health improvements and proper pacing during this busy season of ministry this summer.
- Praise God for all the upcoming summer events and God's evident hand as logistical details fall into place for both the English Student Camp and for the Camp Monty Sports camp. Pray for good attendance at these camps and for the workers to stay healthy, active, and winsome for the gospel. Also, pray for our Danish, English, and American friends who will be here before and after the camp outreaches.
Original link: https://christianitymontenegro.blogspot.com/2015/05/may-2015-mission-to-montenegro.html