Mission to Montenegro newsletter
Blog entry for 18 June 2014
June 2014 Mission to Montenegro Newsletter
Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths.
Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.
Remember, Lord, your great mercy and love,
for they are from of old. Ps. 25:4-6
Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:
- Having finished preaching through the book of Nehemiah in our morning services, Stan has begun a new series expounding the book of Philippians, showing forth the riches to be found even in Paul's greeting. In our evening services, he is continuing through the gospel of Luke, most recently covering Simeon and Anna rejoicing over the Consolation of Israel.
- We're delighted that extended family members of longtime believers continue to come to services, including those of the young businessman mentioned previously. Most recently, the sister-in-law of another member has been steadily attending our evening services and giving a good report.
- We've begun the in-house preaching seminar program with the aim of equipping several of the young men of the fellowship to preach the Word and giving them bi-monthly opportunities to preach in the evening service. Thus far, two of the men have been in the pulpit, and there are two more to come.
- We hosted a short-term American team of four lovely young ladies from Georgia, who reached out to those students met in last month's Missions week, and kept the student outreach momentum going forward to this coming month's evangelistic English Student Camp.
- Our hospitality ministry continues in earnest with friends and short-term missionaries from Denmark and the UK with us for varying lengths of time from now through August. Mealtimes are always a small glimpse of the heavenly banquet with believers gathered from every tribe and tongue.
- The English Student Camp for university students will be held in Vučje, our local ski center, from June 30-July 5, with pre- and post-camp activities for several days on either side. Camp slots are filling up, and we are expecting a good-sized group.
- We are planning to take a short, 6-8 week, furlough this coming late fall/early winter. Our desire is to be in California in time to celebrate Thanksgiving with all the family, then reconnect with friends and supporters in early December through early January. With all our children stateside now, it makes sense for us to come more often (every year or two, instead of every three or four) for a shorter period of time. If you would like us to visit, please contact Stan.
Stan and Vicki Surbatovich
Mission to Montenegro
Praise and Prayer Bulletin Points
- Praise God for the freedom to proclaim His Word freely and clearly here in Nikšić and Montenegro, and for Stan's faithful ministry week after week. Pray that the Lord may be pleased to bring many to hear and receive Words of Life.
- Praise God for the witness local believers are having within their own families, and that some family members have been coming to services. Pray that our believers would share their faith wisely and winsomely, and that family members would embrace the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior.
- Praise God for the men He has given to the fellowship and their willingness to preach and improve their preaching. Pray for Stan as he instructs and encourages, and for Peter, Danijel, Nemanja, and Rade as they prepare and preach, some for the first time.
- Praise God for the growing university Student Ministry, and for all those who make it possible--particularly Danijel and family, and Peter S, as well as the many short- and long-term helpers. Pray for the upcoming camp, for those attending, for those leading, for good weather (which has been in short supply), and for the blessing of the Holy Spirit on it.
- Praise God for all those who support this work, whether through prayer, finances, encouraging cards, care packages, and more. Pray that we would neither grow weary with well-doing nor neglect any aspect of this ministry: preaching, teaching, discipling, evangelizing, and serving.
Original link: https://christianitymontenegro.blogspot.com/2014/06/june-2014-mission-to-montenegro.html