Mission to Montenegro newsletter
Blog entry for 19 September 2016
September 2016 Mission to Montenegro Newsletter
There is none like you among the gods, O Lord,
nor are there any works like yours.
All the nations you have made shall come
and worship before you, O Lord,
and shall glorify your name.
For you are great and do wondrous things;
you alone are God. Ps. 86:8-10
Grace and Peace to you in the name of God our Father!
We thank God daily for the many, many freedoms we have in Christ--freedom from sin, freedom to worship, freedom to proclaim His name!
- In our Sunday morning service, Stan most recently preached from Luke 12:10 and we were all encouraged at the great mercy and forgiveness offered by the Son of Man. In the evening, Stan preached from 1Tim 4, especially highlighting the call (and privilege) to be a good servant of our Lord Jesus. Please pray for Stan as he prayerfully plans and prepares to proclaim God's Word faithfully week after week.
- We are enjoying the fresh start autumn brings with the renewal of weekly pastoral meetings, visitations, mentoring/discipleship times. Groundwork for university outreach is being laid with kickoff activities for the new academic year beginning next week. Additionally, we are strategizing ways to reach out on an ongoing basis to a broader spectrum of society. Please pray that we would be faithful to use the gifts God has given us to serve Him well.
- The pastors of the five main evangelical churches/fellowships here in Montenegro have begun meeting regularly, to support and encourage one another as ministers of local churches, to discuss joint projects such as the annual All-Montenegro Believer's Meeting, and to develop a united Evangelical voice/presence in public life. Please pray that God would grant these leaders wisdom and humility to fulfill the appeal to all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. (I Cor. 1:10b)
Upcoming Ministry and Prayer Requests
- Our end-of-the-month Fellowship Lunches are still new enough to be exciting, not commonplace. We will finish off the warm weather season with a much anticipated "Roštilj" (BBQ/Grill) feast this month. These gatherings have been very well received and proven to be a great ministry especially to those families where only one spouse is a believer. We have (happily!) seen a cross-over increase in church participation these past few months. Please pray for the salvation of these dear souls, that God would bring them to Himself and build His church with entire families loving and serving the Lord.
- Brief Items of Note:
- The intercom system has been set up and proving quite helpful to parents with young children. Prayer Alert: If every family came every week (as we are praying for), we would not have enough room in our meeting facitility. Please join us in praying for and contributing to a larger (and more permanent) facility.
- Please continue to pray for satisfactory outcomes for both Peter S and Rebekka’s residency applications.
- Our plans for our mini West Coast furlough are shaping up! We will be in California from mid-Nov through early Jan. and our basic housing/transportation needs have been met. We thank both God and FCC friends! Although our time is limited, we look forward to seeing many of you. If your church or family would like us to visit, please contact Stan ASAP; we've already begun scheduling our days. Please pray for wise balancing of all that we hope to accomplish: enjoying family times, caring for an aging parent, connecting with friends and supporters, taking care of medical needs, and squeezing in some actual R&R. (East Coast friends take note: We will be back East around May 2017 to celebrate our children's graduations and plan to catch up with you all then.)
With much love and appreciation for your ongoing prayers and support in this great work of God,
Stan and Vicki Surbatovich
Mission to Montenegro
Note: If you would like to receive this newsletter update directly, please subscribe at: http://christianitymontenegro.blogspot.com/
Original link: https://christianitymontenegro.blogspot.com/2016/09/september-2016-mission-to-montenegro.html