Mission to Montenegro newsletter
Blog entry for 16 October 2019
October 2019 Mission to Montenegro Newsletter
You have put gladness in my heart,
More than in the season that their grain and wine increased.
I will both lie down in peace, and sleep;
For You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety. Ps. 4:7-8
Grace and Peace to you in the name of God our Father!
We thank God for the gladness in our hearts for we know it is a joy and a gladness that the world cannot give: For You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety. Amen!
- In our morning service, Stan is finishing up the Passover, that pivotal event in history, and in the evening, he is showing forth the supremacy of Christ (the ultimate paschal Lamb) as revealed in the book of Hebrews.
- Additionally, in obedience to 2 Tim 2:2 (what you have heard from me … entrust to faithful men, who will be able to teach others also) Stan has asked several men in the fellowship to periodically preach in the evening throughout the rest of this year. These occasions will provide opportunities for the men to prepare and feed God’s people from His Word and to gain constructive feedback as they meet up afterwards to help one another grow in their abilities.
|A Day to Celebrate!
- A major highlight of this month was joining in the celebration of Sasa’s college graduation from the Baptistička Teološka Škola in Novi Sad, Serbia. The graduation ceremony itself was lovely: the caps and gowns, the processional, the speeches and the charges. At the reception afterwards, we met some people we knew from past visits to Serbia, as well as people we didn't know connected with the school, so that time was both pleasurable and informative. We are thrilled that Sasa benefitted greatly from his schooling and has a heart to pursue even deeper studies. Please pray for him regarding next steps!
|Saša and Marina with TLI President
Upcoming Ministry and Prayer Requests:
- Please pray for Stan and the other men to faithfully and reverently preach Christ's Word as He and He alone is our sure foundation of salvation and the fulfillment of the greatest need here in Montenegro.
- Please pray for our Hospitality Ministry. In the next month we are hosting old friends back to visit all the brethren*, a TGC representative, a believer from another city here in Montenegro, a few family members, and an Australian who will be working with EUS-CG for a couple of weeks. *We often think we need a rewrite of I Left My Heart in San Fransisco to I Left My Heart in Montenegro. If you haven't yet, come and see!
- Please pray for the other ongoing ministries and outreaches of the church: the Bible Studies, the prayer meeting, Fellowship Lunch, mentoring, visitations, student work, and more. May we act with wisdom, knowledge, and understanding that we might not build in vain.
- Please pray for Stan's ongoing health concerns including the need for cataract surgery on his right eye. (His left eye was done in the spring before our stateside trip this past summer). To get this done, he has to jump through all the hoops again.
With great love and appreciation for your ongoing prayers and support,
Original link: https://christianitymontenegro.blogspot.com/2019/10/october-2019-mission-to-montenegro.html