Mission to Montenegro newsletter
Blog entry for 16 November 2018
November 2018 Mission to Montenegro Newsletter
let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely,
and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith,
who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross…
Grace and Peace to you in the name of God our Father!
Here are some happenings of the past month as we run the race that is set before us:
- In our evening service, Stan is preaching a mini-series from John 3, covering Jesus and Nicodemus, opening up the rich background and presuppositions that Nicodemus should have known as a teacher of Israel. In our morning services, after much prayer, Stan will be embarking on a preaching series through Exodus, his first sweep through this entire book.
- We were blessed by Rafaella's return visit to Nikšić. Last month, we briefly met her and her Brazilian pastors. This trip, a week was spent introducing Rafaella to the regular life of the church: our people, our ministries, our joys, and our challenges. She greatly wants to come back and serve here, but for now is continuing to seek the Lord's guidance and provision.
|Rafaella enjoying the mountains near Nikšić
- At our monthly Ladies' Meeting, along with general fellowship and mutual encouragement, we were inspired by Psalm 27, vs. 1&2, noting how David declared a truth about God, and then spoke an “encouragement to his own soul" based on that truth. We were challenged to do the same in our daily lives, to draw strength for both ourselves and for others from that pure well of "God's diverse excellencies" (Thank you, Jonathon Edwards, for that sublime phrase!)
Upcoming Ministry and Prayer Requests:
- Please pray for our faithfulness to our daily callings, services, and ministries.
- Please pray that God would touch the hearts of the unsaved: unsaved family members (spouses and children), unsaved neighbors and co-workers, unsaved friends. We love our church body here but we long for us to grow--both in numbers and maturity.
- Please pray that God would especially stir up university students to pursue Truth along with their studies as the university ministry events have seen fewer attendees than in past years.
- Please pray for Rafaella, that God would open the door for her to work here this next year.
- Please pray for us as we once again have some growing concerns for Stan's mother and may be making an unplanned trip shortly.
- Please pray for provision of the financial needs of this Mission to Montenegro ministry. In the fall of the year, our sending church (who handles all the finances), sends us a report which highlights the discrepancy between annual budget and annual giving, which spurs us to ask you to pray and consider giving or increasing your support. God is building His church, His family here in Montenegro, and we appreciate your partnering with us to that end.
With great love and appreciation for your ongoing prayers and support,
Stan and Vicki Surbatovich
Mission to Montenegro
Note: We are extremely thankful for those individuals and churches who support this work through prayer, encouragement, and material giving. If you'd like to join our team of financial supporters or adjust the gift you already give, here’s how:
If you live in the U.S., you may mail checks made out to: Mission to Montenegro with appropriate memo and addressed to:
Faith Community Church
Attn: Mission to Montenegro
723 South D Street
Oxnard, CA 93030
website: Faith Community Church Home Page
If you live outside the U.S. do get in touch (email@example.com) and we will give you bank transfer information.
Thank you for your support! To God be the glory!
Original link: https://christianitymontenegro.blogspot.com/2018/11/november-2018-mission-to-montenegro.html