Mission to Montenegro newsletter
Blog entry for 21 December 2016
December 2016 Mission to Montenegro Newsletter
For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Is. 9:6
Grace and Peace to you in the name of God our Father!
We are amazed at how quickly our schedule filled up and time is passing.... Only 3 more Sundays until we are back in Nikšić! With the wonderfully busy holiday season upon us, this newsletter will be short highlights of God's goodness to us.
- Stan's recovery is going smoothly; he is now out of the sling, has begun physical therapy, and expects to be ready for normal activities in another five weeks or so. Thank you for your concerns and prayers.
- We enjoyed a lovely Thanksgiving, with all our children present (and no bad weather delays!) and other relatives as well. It was a time full of feasting: 2 turkeys! 3 kinds of stuffing! 3 kinds of pie! 4 types of Cranberry sauce! Along with plenty of laughter, games, and visiting. God was most kind to us.
- We've been blessed to share what the Lord has being doing both in our lives and with the ministry in Nikšić with many, many families, both long-term supporters and those just finding out about the work. We enjoy these smaller, more intimate gatherings and greatly appreciate those saints who've generously hosted us and others over many a delicious meal.
- In our remaining time, we will be spending Christmas with most of our family, celebrating two birthdays, helping Stan's mother as she needs to move and downsize, finishing up with our medical needs, and getting together with more families, both here at Faith Community Church and in the San Diego area.
- Please remember the brethren in Nikšić: for the services and preaching, for the upcoming OCC Christmas Shoebox distribution ministry, for health and stamina as there has been a wave of chicken pox along with the usual flu bugs of the season.
And, as we wrap up the year, we are exceedingly grateful for all of you, for the living truth and testimony you bear, fulfilling God's command:
Please send them on their way in a manner that honors God. It was for the sake of the Name that they went out, receiving no help from the pagans. We ought therefore to show hospitality to such people so that we may work together for the truth. 3 John 1:6b-8
Thank you, fellow workers for the truth. With much love and appreciation for your ongoing prayers and support in this great work of God,
Stan and Vicki Surbatovich
Mission to Montenegro
Original link: https://christianitymontenegro.blogspot.com/2016/12/december-2016-mission-to-montenegro.html